The RopeRider® is designed for everyday use with 9.5 mm, 11 mm and 13 mm nylon or polyester kernmantle. This personal lowering device offers unique design features:
- Dual braking system – the brake engages if the user lets go or panics
- Made out of Machined Aircraft Grade Aluminum for tenacity and endurance
- Spring loaded to control rope movement
- Three rope slots to fine tune descent rate
- Solid connecting eye to link the harness, seat board and other apparatus
The RopeRider® is a manually operated controlled descent device which is most commonly used for suspended work positioning. In this application, it is used with a full body harness and appropriate fall arrest system for exterior building maintenance, tower erection, bridge inspection, communication system maintenance and window washing.
The RopeRider® can also be used by trained personnel in an emergency situation for self-evacuation or to lower a casualty from an elevated workstation. Click here to for more information about the ARK®, our assisted rescue kit.
1 PERSON: 130-310 LBS
2 PERSON (RESCUE) MAX: 620 LBS
MAX ROPE LENGTH:
RESCUE: 600 FT
WORK POSITIONING: N/A
The Rope Rider® is certified by UL in accordance with:
ANSI/ASSE Z359.4 – 2013
ANSI/ASSE A10.32 – 2012
For more information or to order any of the products above, simply use the form below.