The Transmission Line Rescue Training course curriculum is designed to help you and your company establish a safe work environment, safe work practices, and the safe implementation of emergency procedures. We are committed to ensuring that all of our students meet the unique qualifications needed for working at height. This includes the physical requirements, a demonstration of the knowledge and practical skills required to safely perform elevated work activity, as well as recognition and mitigation of the hazards associated with the Transmission Line industry.
Course Duration: 3 Days
Day 1: 8 hour classroom session
Day 2: Field application and transmission line exercises
Day 3: Rescue technique, application, and event simulation
Class Size: Average class is 4-6 students per 2 instructors
The objective of our course is to educate students on fall protection standards and techniques, as well as the risks associated with working at height. By reinforcing safe work practice theories through exercises and scenarios, we allow an immediate opportunity for students to apply these concepts in a real-world environment. Our goal is to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to be competent and confident transmission line technicians.
(based on CFR 1926 and other applicable standards)
- Fall Protection Hierarchy – systems and theory
- Summary of applicable standards
- Pre-job Planning and Site Analysis
- Anchor points — determination and design criteria
- Components of Personal Fall Arrest Systems
- Techniques/Mechanics of Climbing
- Industry Hazards — assessment and mitigation
- Equipment Care and Maintenance
- Rescue – Practice, Theory, and Rescue Plans
- Pre-Job Planning and Site Analysis
- Transmission Line Exercises
- Tech Safety Lines’ Transmission Line Rescue Training student handbook
- Wallet ID card
- Certificate of Completion
Students gain certification by passing a final competency-based practical examination and assessment.
Transmission Line Rescue Training Evaluation and Re-certification
Tech Safety Lines, Inc. offers evaluations and 1-day re-certification classes for students whose wallet ID cards have expired.
For more information about our Transmission Line Rescue Training course or to sign up please fill out the below form and one of our safety specialists will contact you as soon as possible.