Derrick Worker Rescue Training
Tech Safety Lines’ Derrick Worker Rescue course is specifically designed for employees who work on drilling and workover rigs. This course concentrates on the various uses and applications of self-rescue and assisted rescue equipment. The greater portion of the class is held on an elevated structure that pertains specifically to the oil industry. After becoming comfortable with the simple processes used with the equipment, the students will perform and participate in several simulated rescue scenarios.
- Direct: The victim is easily accessible
- Remote: The victim is suspended out of reach
- Pick-Off: The rescuer accompanies the victim to the ground
Each student must have appropriate PPE, including a full body harness, dual leg lanyard and any personal fall protection devices normally used. Students should be prepared to climb an actual structure several times each day.
Course Duration: 2 days
Class Size: max 6 students per instructor
Tech Safety Lines’ rescue & safety training programs meet or exceed ANSI and OSHA standards.
Please contact us for pricing and further information.
This intensive two day course highlights the ARK (Assisted Rescue Kit). Students begin by learning how to operate each component of the Kit, the inspection process, and how to keep the Kit packed and event-ready. We utilize instructor demonstrations, a step-by-step film, and hands-on practice to introduce the ARK. The class then moves outside to the derrick, where students participate in a variety of rescue scenarios specifically designed to build user confidence and adaptability. These simulations include real-life situations in which the victim is appropriately attached as well as times when safety appliances were either not in use or had failed. Course covers:
- Components of Personal Fall Arrest Systems
- Proper climbing and attachment techniques
- Industry Hazards: assessment and mitigation
- Equipment Care and Maintenance
- Rescue of a suspended worker — both from a fixed ladder and beneath the tubing board
- Rescue techniques for both accessible and remote victims
- Course Manual
- Wallet ID card
- Certificate of Completion
We offer a recertification course for those with an expired wallet card.