Petzl® I’D® L Control Descent Device
Petzl I’D – Self-braking descender for rescue, with anti-panic function.
The I’D L self-braking descender is primarily designed for technical rescue. It has a multi-function handle that allows control of the descent speed, positioning at a work station without the need to tie off the device, and fluid movement along inclined or horizontal terrain. The integrated anti-panic function and anti-error catch limit the risk of an accident due to user error. Its rugged construction makes it particularly suited for hauling and lowering heavy loads.
Please contact us for pricing and further information.
- Designed for rescue: no gate.
- Multi-function handle allows the user to:
- unlock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope
- move more easily on horizontal or inclined terrain, thanks to the button on the handle
- position himself without having to tie off the device
- Anti-panic function activates if the user pulls too hard on the handle: it brakes and stops the descent automatically
- Anti-error catch to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope.
- Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope. Can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp).
- Lowers heavy loads up to 272 kg (only for expert users; consult the Instructions for Use for the device at www.petzl.com)
- Available in two colors: red and black
- Min. rope diameter: 11,5 mm
- Max. rope diameter: 13 mm
- Weight: 530 g
EN 341 classe A, CE EN 12841 type C, ANSI Z359.4, NFPA 1983 General Use, EAC